Monday 28 September 2009

Good news in the bad ones

Oh, my eyes hurt. It feels like someone's pricking them with a needle. I really should go to bed earlier.

So. What's happening? Well, first of all, I'm really relieved to hear from my cousin Claire in the Philippines. In case you don't know what I'm talking about...there has been a very strong hurricane/monsoon, the strongest since 1967,and it's been raining like hell. Actually a whole mounth of rain just crashed down within a couple of hours...no electricity. Basically the entire Luzon was under water, that means almost half the country. God, my heart just broke. I've been so worried. And mom too. So worried we got frustrated at each other and started to argue for no reason at all. She was telling me to look it, and I did. I clicked on every site about it. She was like "Look it up!!!" and then a answered "I am!!!" and yeah, it went on like that until we got irritated at each other. But I guess that's just because we worried so much.
Anyway, so my cousin just posted on facebook that everyone's ok. *taking a deep breath*
They've been cleaning for two days, still not finish though. And well, everything is basically ruined. The mud is unholy. I wished I could help. I hate to watch the news. It looks terrible.
Really, I'm so glad everyone's fine.

Maybe I could work there for charity? Helping out children. I mean, I speak the language fluently, I've almost got my whole family there and I know the country quite well. Not forever of course. I'm going to England and stuff, too. I can't just not go. And Sweden is a country I love a lot. But you know, just for a while. I feel like I have to. I care too much for my on good. That's not a bad thing, but it's sort of my weakness and sometimes I hate it.

I better finish my homework now! I can't screw this up. I can't afford it!

// Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment